Jump on this nine-day trip to experience Thailand and learn about Thai Traditional Medicine. Experience the best local foods and herbal drinks, historic temples, modern integrative hospitals, traditional spas, and relax at the beach. This tour will fill your cup while enriching your mind.
Join Beth and her herbalist friends in Bangkok and Ayutthaya as they happily share inspiring sights, hidden gems, and healing experiences with you. Educational components of the trip are fully translated and easy to absorb. The group consists of maximum 5 guests, since individual health and dietary needs will be attended to closely. For this tour, we are only accepting female, nonbinary and trans-identifying individuals. Transportation by van is provided for the whole trip as needed.
Each day will have one primary learning or experience-based activity, with optional afternoon or evening excursions, and plenty of time to yourself. This is a true edu-vacation experience!
On this tour, you will have the opportunity to:
- Enjoy the soothing environment of a vintage-inspired Thai hotel that embodies “slow living”
- Gain an insider’s view into Thai culture and medical traditions
- Visit Bangkok’s historic Chinatown for gastronomic and herbal delights
- Eat healthy, local, seasonally appropriate, delicious food and drinks!
- Enjoy 3 Thai massages by expert providers
- Relax in a rural villa and bike to nearby restaurants and temples
- Take a fully translated tour of a premier teaching + research hospital of Thai Traditional Medicine
- Have private lessons in herbal compress massage (luk prakob)
- Enjoy the brilliant sights of Bangkok at night from the rooftop bar of your hotel
- Soak in two days of pure beach time!
- Enjoy time to yourself to reflect on your experiences and rest throughout the trip
Who is it for?
People in healing professions – LAc, LMT, ND – who would like to experience and expand their view of Thai Traditional Medicine while learning immediately useful tools for clinical practice. This specialized tour will target aspects of external herbal medicine and manual therapies that have broad applications for many patient populations, with an emphasis on pain and women’s health. The five people who enjoy this trip will also have free online access to the upcoming workshop-based TTM and TCM women’s health retreat in 2023.
What will it be like?
Imagine hopping on a plane, finding your way to Bangkok, and then taking a shuttle directly to your hotel where Beth greets you and introduces you to the city. The warmth, color, and heady perfume of the temple district embraces you as you ensconce yourself in an adorable, quiet hotel. Knowing that you can relax completely in your cool room and recover from your flight, you take some time to adjust to the city. Your journey has begun with grace and ease.
Over the next 9 days you and five other people (including Beth) will enjoy a smooth succession of educational and enriching experiences centered around Thai Traditional medicine. You will share a chartered passenger van as you take educational and fun day trips, lounge in beachfront hangouts and stroll through night markets. You will have time to explore. You will choose from the locals’ favorite places to eat, drink, and enjoy live music, tailored to your preferences.
This trip is designed as a combination of 3 things: 1) educational experience; 2) cultural deep dive; and 3) rejuvenating retreat. With an efficient yet relaxed pace, you will have time to learn with hands-on treatments and demonstrations, then decompress and relax at the beach prior to flying back home for the busy holiday season.
What is included?
- Thai translator for the Bangkok and Ayutthaya portions of the trip
- Chartered van with driver for entire trip
- 2 nights in a boutique “slow living” hotel in the temple district of Bangkok
- 3 nights in a large villa in Ayutthaya
- 2 nights in a beach-front hotel in Hua Hin
- 1 night in a riverfront hotel in Bangkok
- Breakfasts at hotels included
- 2-hour massage at Pimmalai Spa in Bangkok
- One day spa treatment and one meal at Chaophraya Abhaibhubejr TTM Hospital
- One medispa treatment at Patcharapat Medispa in Hua Hin
- One welcome dinner Friday November 4th
- One farewell dinner Thursday November 10th
Why should you go with me (Beth)?
Beth is an acupuncturist (licensed 2012) and Thai massage provider (certified 2012), and she has been integrating Thai and Chinese medicine for the past decade. She is board certified in Chinese herbal medicine (Dipl.OM, NCCAOM), and she has been a professional trainer of Thai steamed herbal compress facial massage and facial gua sha since 2017.
Beth has been visiting Bangkok and Thailand since 2006, and she has an extensive family and friend network there. Anywhere we go together, Beth will be able to give you a wonderful sense of security due to her deep network of family and friends who are on call to answer questions and troubleshoot if anything arises. She has also spent months visiting educational institutions in Bangkok and experiencing both Traditional Chinese Medicine and Thai Traditional Medicine in Thailand.
Finally, Beth has partnered with two Thai Traditional Medicine providers in Ayutthaya, Worakorn (Buz) and Ploychompoo (Ploy), who have been working with her since 2017 to develop external herbal products that integrate beautifully into existing acupuncture and massage practices. They will be hosting our experience in Ayutthaya. Spending time with Buz and Ploy is the central component of this tour, and you will continue to receive updates and knowledge from them as our teaching relationship grows!
Why should you go now?
This is the perfect time for a quick trip before the fast pace of the holiday season- giving you many opportunities for fresh treatment package ideas, new products, and tons of beautiful images and experiences to share with your patients! During November in Thailand, the weather is a fantastic 77-89 degrees Fahrenheit. The rainy season has passed, but tourist season is just beginning. It is a time when travelers are especially welcomed, and airports will not be at peak capacity.
What will you learn?
- History of Thai Traditional Medicine (TTM)
- How to perform basic Thai steamed herbal compress massage (Luk Prakob)
- The properties of commonly used Thai external herbs, external herbal formulas for pain, and external herbal formulas for women’s health (including steams, soaks, compresses, balms, and liniments).
- How TTM is practiced in an integrative hospital medical setting
- Observing how acupuncture, gua sha, cupping, Thai massage, and Thai steamed herbal massage can be integrated into treatment plans along with internal herbal medicine.
- Learn how and why to add external herbal modalities into your practice
- Learn how Thai and Chinese herbal medicine overlaps and enhances each practice
Come on a healing tour of Thai Traditional Medicine with us!
This trip is for you if:
- You have always wanted to visit Thailand but don’t want to jump in alone
- You’re ready for a deep re-set before the holiday season!
- You love herbal medicine and aromatherapy
- You have a sense of curiosity about other cultures
- Your favorite part of the day involves eating or massages
- You like to travel in small, intimate groups and make new friends!
- You’re excited to learn another clinical treatment option, from the source
- You’re ready for a delightful, sensory, nourishing Thailand experience!
$2500 if paid in full on or before September 16, 2022
$2795 if paid in full on or after September 17, 2022
Registration Details: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER WITH YOUR $500 DEPOSIT