Healing Thai Herbal Pillow, Steamed or Dry HeatRegular price $36.00
This segmented pillow has been specially formulated for postpartum care by Thai Traditional Herbalists in Ayutthaya. The herbal combination is also most excellent for back and neck care when muscle tension is involved, and it is equally wonderful for post-surgical healing (after wound has closed). The classic formula works quickly, especially when steamed. The pillow is also effective when used with dry heat!
It can be very soothing for young ones with belly aches or anxiety, and it can also help with chest congestion. There are many uses, so please contact your herbal provider with questions. You can always email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions as well.
It is safe and gentle, for all ages above 3 years old.
Scent: primarily citrus with earthy undertones. A beautifully balanced, uplifting, and grounding herbal pillow.
Dimensions: 27cm x 18cm x 3cm (dry)
Ingredients: Zingiber cassumunar Roxb. (ไพล - Plai / Thai Ginger), Cymbopogon citratus (De ex Nees) Stapf. (Lemon grass), Citrus hystrix DC. (ผิวมะกรูด - Kaffir lime), Curcuma longa Linn. (ขมิ้นชัน – Tumeric), Pandanus amaryllifolius Roxb (Pandan leaf), Thai Sea Salt, Camphor, Borneol.
Thai Healing Herbal Pillow: Home Use Directions
Storing your herbal pillow:
Keep herbal pillow in a sealed container of glass or hard plastic and mark it with the date that you first steamed it. Store in the refrigerator, NOT at room temperature. The freezer may shorten the life of the pillow as well. The pillow will last for a month (so note the date on the container) or up to 12 uses, when refrigerated quickly between uses. Check the pillow for any signs of mold or off-smells before usage each time.
Using your herbal pillow:
DRY PREPARATION: Can be used more times and is simpler. Provides aromatherapy and topical soothing warmth. Simply put in microwave and heat on high for 2-3 min, then apply to area.
DAMP PREPARATION: Can be used more times and releases a little bit of herbal infusion topically. After *dipping in warm water* briefly, follow steps 2 onward below.
- Soak the pillow in HOT water for 5 min, squishing/pressing it to help the water reach the herbs inside.
- Steam the pillow! Microwave OR Stovetop are both fine.
- Microwave: In a bowl with ¼ cup of soaking water, run the microwave on high or reheat, for 3-4 min.
- Stovetop: Place pillow in the vegetable steamer portion of a double boiler. You can also just place it in a strainer over a bowl of boiling water. Let it steam, ideally covered, for 15 min.
- Remove from hot bowl or steamer with a hand cloth since it should be piping hot. Be Careful not to receive a steam burn! Wrap pillow in hand cloth and insert into pillowcase in body wrap (or in a bigger towel). Remove extra cloth as it cools down. Then continue using it as long as wanted, being careful not to let it get cold.
- Enjoy the sweet relief! Apply to any areas that are painful, as long as there are no open wounds in the area.
- After use, cover area treated with warm, dry clothing or towel. A warming oil can be used as well if a stronger treatment effect is desired.
- Stay warm and rest, or use gentle movement and stretching then rest.
- The pillow can be used on children older than 3 years old, but always check for herbal sensitivity by using on small area first. Do not use on pregnant women.